Saturday, January 17, 2009

Failed Bake

My first attempt at making the Chocolate Fondant cake. U know.. you cut the cake open and chocolate lava oozes out nicely from the fluffy sponge cake. Sigh, my tastebuds tingle just the mention of it.

But goddamn it, i had all the ingredients measured to a gram. I bought strawberries. I had hersheys' chocolate. I bought good flour. Fresh eggs! But nabe, still didnt worked out well. Apparently, dumb me had the temperature set too low.. causing the cake unable to rise spectacularly.

Well, its my first try, so have a look at the HKBHJ cake:



Whisk egg & sugar till fluffy consistency. Checked!


Melt butter & chocolate. Checked!

Then mix flour into chocolate mixture. Checked!

Pour chocolate mixture into egg. Checked what!

Then i put it into these frikking aluminium cups liao lor. Then still must do what!!??!! I even talked to them while baking!



(Rise you little muthaf******, rise! %#$&^@)



Ok, this is better! ^_^



See, everything looks good and fine! But it doesnt taste good and the texture is just not good! =(



Whatever! Bleh!

No comments: