Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Daily rants

Everyday when i flipped through the newspaper, its always about some banks going bust, companies cutting down on staff, inflation going through the roof, political turmoil/terrorism on neighbouring countries etc.

When i was much younger, stuff like that didnt seems to affect me at all. I would still be happily binge-ing on my Rocobarocco, Istante or MCM purchases. Coloured D & G jeans were my favourite! Asian Financial Crisis 1997? Gimme that red Sonia Rykiel bag! I couldnt be bothered more.

But, fast forward 11 years later:

My heart sank when banks crashed. It could mean alot of stuff. I could lose my job. And alot of supposedly "luxuries" i wont be able to enjoy! *shudder*... Unemployment isnt funny. In fact, it can get very real when you have mortgages/bills to pay. My mum wasnt kidding when she said its not how much one earns, but how much one saves.

Its so fun to be a grown up now.

Hopefully one day i might be able to start something that i want. That is economy-downturn-proof. Btw, tmr is my off day. Im changing my hair colour!

P.S: The writer is still going on her Tokyo trip next week. (we have to keep our morale up shouldnt we?) ^_^

No comments: